Google, since its inception, has put immense efforts on reducing spam to the lowest possible. While these efforts were more subtle till recent past, the flurry of Panda Updates since 2011 has reaffirmed Google’s stand towards enhancing its results. This is because only when the algorithm would appreciate natural efforts would its results be accurate.
However, as the world has always been, its no less cruel to Google either. While the experts at Google make efforts to cut down on spam, the players in the industry find their way through the new systems to create innovative ways of spamming it. Take the case of link building. While Google wanted to appreciate those websites which had extensive good quality content on the internet, spammers bought links and spread poor content like wild fire. Today, one cannot find proper content because a large part of it is created by those who are not experts in the field. It was only the recent Penguin update that put a lid to this structure.
SEO Services are expected to provide an expert opinion to companies and create natural and ethical ways of helping them pitch up their rankings. However, few tend to appreciate the naturalness of the process. The recent addition in the exploited elements of Google’s algorithm is the Social Media. Google recently announced that it will also be making use of companies’ social media presence and engagement to decide its ranking. What has transpired, though, is that a new trend of fake fans, reviews and comments has emerged. Fans are being bought and fake accounts are being created to write reviews. Therefore, Google again is at square one where its search engine might not be reflecting the most accurate results; definitely not as accurate as Google’s authorities expect it to.
So, what are those things that you would do to naturally escalate Social Media presence? Here are a few things you should take care of:
- You should, firstly, understand that when we talk about Social Media we do not just mean Facebook or Twitter; we even include other sites which offer User Generated Content (UGC). Therefore, your efforts should be spread across such platforms.
- When you receive comments to your content, make sure that they are properly moderated. Encouraging poor quality or spam comments will pull down your reputation too.
- You should only rely on genuine reviews.
- Blocking spammers is imperative for the maintenance of your website’s reputation. If these spammers have contributed to your website or commented on your post, they bring down the standing of your website. The only way of weeding them off the system is by blocking them.
- You should connect with people and engage your customers. For this, you should post content that they might be interested in. However, do not deluge them with extensive content.
These and other strategies can hold you in good stead while exploring SEO Services in the modern era of social media.
Sanket Patel has worked with various SEO services providers to offer them consultation on white hat SEO techniques. He is highly enthusiastic about the social media and believes that it is the platform which is going to rule the future of SEO. He, however, believes that natural engagement is the best way of using social media effectively.