Many websites are sick and tired of trying the same old SEO techniques and paying hundreds of dollars for link building and article publishing packages with no results. To add on to the troubles, Google has gotten stricter with its rules for content and link farms. Guest blogging emerged as a viable SEO tool for many websites because of its inherent quality. Many services have been formed around guest blogging. As with link building earlier in the 2000s, this strategy is also becoming very crowded with too many guest blogs for people to read and very little attention span. However, you can still gain valuable attention if you do guest blogging the right way.
Here are some of the things that are good and bad for guest blogging.
- Quality Content: Before you set out with a new guest blogging strategy, consider why it is a good strategy. Guest blogs are written by credible people. They are writers who have tremendous knowledge in their own niches. They speak from experience, which is why readers want to read those blogs. This is why if you want your guest blogging to work, you need to focus on good quality content.
- Know the blog: If you want to get your blog posts published on the site of another blogger, you would do well to understand the blog first. Spend a few days reading the blog and know what exactly the blogger wants for his readers. You can then write content accordingly. This increases the chances that the blogger will accept to post your write-up as a guest blog on his or her site.
- Show your skills: Influential bloggers want guest posts that are insightful and helpful to their readers. If you want your guest posts accepted by them, show them that you are good at what you do and prove your credentials. Show them your own website and provide examples of your writing. Show them how confident you are about your knowledge in your niche.
- Spread word about your post: Once you have your guest post published on another blog, do you best to promote it. Share it on social networks, tweet it, send it to your RSS list. The more people know about it, the more readerships you will get. This also gives the host blogger more readerships and they will appreciate it.
- Produce recycled content: People don’t want to read what they already know. There is a lot of information on the internet. What they need is fresh perspective. Even if you write inspired content, it should be in the context of your own experience. That is when people will consider it to be genuine and useful and read your blog more.
- Go big at first: Don’t aim big initially. Target smaller blogs in your niche. The more influential blogs are not yet aware of your expertise and they won’t accept your guest posts immediately. It is important that you start small and build your credibility steadily. Work your way through the ladder, until you are good enough to be accepted by blogs with more traffic.
- Produce a dozen posts per week: Many websites are adopting the approach of producing hundreds of guest posts each month and promoting them heavily. This only serves to diminish your quality. As you focus on producing more content like a machine, it is improbable that all of it will be high quality. Do one or two guest posts per week, but write good content. Over the period of a year, you will have hundreds of guest posts of high quality and your popularity will increase.
Rich is an expert SEO professional who has been helping many webmasters improve their search engine rankings. He also writes about the latest developments in the field like the SEO Reseller packages.